Women’s Golf News Tuesday 20th February, 2018
FROM THE LADIES PRESIDENT
- President Allie welcomed everyone to the Opening Day of the 2018 Winter Season. Special welcome to Denise Gillman, Joan O’Malley, Marcia Bennett and Marion Trevorah.
- Thank you to the Pro Shop for the sponsorship of the day and their donation of the major raffle prize of a golf bag.
- Thank you to Rose Clark for her raffle donation of a hanging herb garden.
- Thank you to the Ladies of the Executive 50 course for their help in setting up the clubhouse before playing their golf.
- Thank you to the Ladies Committee for their organisation for today too.
- A new blue folder is in the Ladies locker room and this has the weekly golf news in it as well as being on the website. There is also a notice board in the passageway for notices of Open Days etc.
- Westward Ho history books are available from the office for $5.
FROM THE CAPTAIN
Summer Trophy Presentations.
Summer Eclectic Patawalonga: Winner: N. Davey Sponsor: J. Laslett
Summer Eclectic Executive 50: Winner: P. Glover Sponsor: J. Masters
Most Reduced Handicap Exec 50: Winner: J. Davies Sponsors: T. Koutsonikos and N. Williams
Patawalonga Most Reduced Handicap and winner of the Ruth Ellard Trophy
Winner: F. Goodsell. This was sponsored by Lee Baker who gave a most informative talk on the origin of the trophy and about Ruth Ellard.
Patawalonga Results: Tuesday 20th February, 2018
Today’s event was a 9 hole Ambrose.
Winners: I. Sobolewski, C. Phair, M. Campbell, F. Goodsell
Runners up: A. Parkin, K. Burr, S. Green, L. Graske
NTP: C. Smart (2) S. Crawford (5)
Captain Judy also gave a welcoming address to the members for the new season. She also advised that this season the Monthly Medals will not be over 3 grades each month, but will only be awarded to the top qualifier for the month, both for the Patawalonga and the Executive 50 courses.
Executive 50 Results: Tuesday 20th February, 2018
Winners: G. Patton, J. Davies, J. van Pelt, H. Bitmead
Runners up: M. Beerworth, Joan Clark, A. van der Zwaag, R. Fenwick
NTP: G. Falloon (9)
Patawalonga Results: Friday 16th February, 2018
Winner: S. Roe (+5) cb J. Taylor (+5) $20 each
- Davey (+3), G. Allen (-1) cb A. Parkin (-1) all $4
Birdies: N. Davey (14), J. Taylor (10) $4 each